Sampling Percussion Pad
- One-of-a-kind sampling percussion pad
- 4 GB internal memory
- Enables approximately 720 minutes of sampling
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads
- Two external dual-trigger inputs
- Three units of multi-effects onboard
- 2 real-time control knobs and 4 dedicated effect buttons
- Expanded USB functionality
Sale Price $799.99
Retail Price $999.00
You save $199.01
Guaranteed Lowest Price
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Free Freight on most products
Lifetime Technical Support
Our Low Price Guarantee
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Percussion Pad
The SPD-SX represents the pinnacle of percussive sampling instruments. This cutting-edge sampling pad puts the power of sample creation and playback under your sticks with highly advanced audio-capturing features, expressive performance features, three multi effects engines, and more! The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig, the SPD-SX performs equally well in live applications, in the recording studio, pre production suite, or dance clubs. The SPD-SX incorporates many of the proven concepts from its predecessor and brings them to an entirely new level. Whether you’re blasting off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or entire audio playback tracks, the SPD-SX is equipped with the most advanced technology and tools to help you deliver a powerful performance. Enjoy the speed, precision, and convenience of a superior sampling pad. The SPD-SX is without a doubt the most advanced triggering and sampling pad on the market. The SPD-SX fits on the PDS-10 Percussion Stand.
Roland SPD-SX Key Features:
- One-of-a-kind sampling-pad concept — only instrument of its kind in the world
- 4 GB internal memory for about 720 minutes of sampling (mono) w/ out needing external memory
- 9 velocity sensitive rubber pads, 2 external dual trigger inputs
- Easy capturing & assignment of audio data via Multi Pad Sampling
- 3 units of multi effects onboard, with 2 real time control knobs & 4 designated effect buttons
- Independent Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status & audio levels in real-time
- Expanded USB capabilities (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, & organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
The Playing Field
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland’s most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad’s status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Improved Playability and Functionality
Today, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect — all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
There’s much more to the SPD-SX than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It’s a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
SPD-SX Wave Manager Software Included
The SPD-SX’s generous internal memory (4 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 720 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently.
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
- Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- *Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- 20 voices
- *Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
Number of Recordable Wave Data:
- *Including preload wave data.
Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data):
- Approx. 360 min. in stereo (720 min. in mono)
- *Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- 44.1 kHz
- 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Master Effects (21 Types)
- Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- USB MEMORY connector
- Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- 600 mA
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor
Options (sold separately):
- Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Kick Triggers (KD series)
- Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6)
- Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10, PM-30)
- USB Flash Memory
- *Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 364 mm
- 14-3/8 inches
- 331 mm
- 13-1/16 inches
- 94 mm
- 3-3/4 inches
- 2.5 kg
- 5 lbs. 9 oz.