8x32 Modular Stage Unit
- 8x32 Modular Stage Unit
- High quality Pre-amps on each input channel
- High quality and low noise digital transfer
- Minimize signal damage
- Remote control by computers
- Ultra low latency digital transmission
- Optional configuration for S-4000S
- Superior sound quality
Sale Price $4,295.00
Guaranteed Lowest Price
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Free Freight on most products
Lifetime Technical Support
Our Low Price Guarantee
Roland S-4000S-0832 Modular Stage Unit
The S-4000S-0832 is a part of the S-4000 Digital Snake System. It features 8 inputs, 8 outputs and redundant Ethernet connectors. In typical applications, it is used on the stage to provide 8 mic/line inputs and 32 outputs or returns. Each individual channel has remotely switchable Phantom Power in addition to a 20 dB pad. The premium quality XR-1 mic preamps are remotely controllable in zipperless 1dB steps via the S-4000R Remote Controller or a Mac/PC when using the free RSS-RCS software. The preamps have been created for live sound applications and provide superior audio quality with 28 dB of headroom. The Roland S-4000S-0832 works great with either the M-5000 or M-5000C Digital Mixer.
The redundant Ethernet connectors are rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors setup as Main and Backup. In situations where the main cable is compromised, the system will detect this and instantly switch to the Backup cable and turn on an Indicator LED. In addition to redundant Ethernet connectors and an optional redundant power supply, the unit features a protected power switch to prevent accidental power loss along with a power cable security bracket. The S-4000S-3208 is rack mountable and offers flush or recessed mounting options so that a cover can be placed over its rack case with connectors still in place. The S-4000S-0832 provides superior remotely controllable mic preamps in addition to Ethernet and optional power supply redundancy for a reliable and secure system.
Roland S-4000S-0832 Key Features:
- 8 Mic/Line Inputs and 32 +4 Line Level Outputs provide professional quality source and return audio
- Source audio can be split to various locations via a standard Ethernet gigabit Switch
- Optional configuration for S-4000S
- High quality XR-1 mic preamps provide superior sound w/ ample headroom
- Zipperless remote control of preamp levels available using S-4000R from stage or FOH positions
- Mic preamps on stage & digital audio transmission system eliminate the loss of high frequencies & intelligibility found in analog cabling
- Mic/Line level eliminates need for direct boxes on stage
- Redundant Ethernet ports w/ rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors provide seamless switching to backup cable with zero loss of audio
- Optional S-240P power supply switches automatically w/ no loss of audio in case of power supply interruption
- Modular design enables Input and Output modules to be modified for different system configuration
Optional Configurations for S-4000S - The 40Ch I/O modular rack configured to be used at the Front of House position for connection to mixing console with ordinary XLR cables. This configuration would be used with an S-4000S-3208 at the stage position.
Superior Sound Quality
High Quality Pre-amps on each input channel:
In an analog system, low-level microphone signals are boosted using a mic preamp only after the long, arduous journey down the analog snake. For this reason it’s difficult to avoid degradation and cross talk. The digital snake is equipped with high quality and remote controllable pre-amps that boost the input gain very close to the source, where the highest quality signal is found. This ensures that your audio will sound its best. And of course once the signal is in digital form, it is immune to analog cabling losses. The pre-amp has been specially designed for live audio applications and is made of high quality components carefully selected by Roland’s engineers
High quality and low noise digital transfer:
In the analog domain, it is impossible to avoid signal degradation during long distance audio transfer at concerts or events in large halls or arenas. Digital transfer of REAC provides extremely flat and pure audio transfer for the whole frequency bandwidth. Furthermore, additional audio benefits occur because the source signal is transferred after boosting the gain using the high quality and remote controllable mic pre-amps.
Minimize a signal’s damage due to “noise pollution”:
Hums and buzzes from external noise sources can often be a problem for analog snake installation. It can be difficult to know where potential noise sources might be before installing a snake. And solving subsequent noise problems requires lots of experience and time. REAC provides an effective solution to these installation problems. Technically, the risk of noise pollution such as the induction of hums and buzzes into a digital snake is much lower than in an analog snake, and cross talk is minimal or non existent. This provides balmost complete routing freedom for your cable installations.
Remote Control by computers:
A computer can be connected to the REMOTE terminals (RS-232C) of any digital snake end. Once the S-4000RCS software* is installed, up to 160 channels of a snake system can be remote controlled from your computer using up to 4 RS-232c ports. * S-4000RCS software is free and downloadable from www.rssamerica.com.
Roland’s original Ethernet technology:
REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) is newly designed technology for digital audio transfer by Roland. The REAC spec provides a high quality and safe, redundant digital audio transfer system that can be easily installed or integrated for any audio snake application. REAC is a “plug and play” system that is easy to configure and requires no complex setup or computer operation. Plug in your mics, plug in the Ethernet cable and you’re ready to go!
Super low latency digital transmission:
Degradation of the audio signal is minimal in any digital transfer system. However, musicians, performers or even audiences may suffer from the excessive latency of other digital transfer systems. REAC eliminates these digital audio transmission problems with its super low latency. Even when transmitting 40 channels at 24bit/96kHz/Linear, REAC’s latency is only 0.375ms*. This very low latency makes any RSS Digital Snake system perfect for all audio installations, especially in-ear monitoring systems.
Digital Transport Advantages
Simple and low cost installation with Cat5e cabling:
REAC brings another revolution to audio installations by eliminating the need to use thick, heavy and hard to handle analog multi-pair cables by transmitting audio using light, slim and easy to handle Cat5e cable. On one very thin Ethernet cable, REAC can transfer 40 channels of high quality 24bit/96kHz audio signal plus MIDI and remote control signals. Since the cable used for REAC transfer is ordinary Ethernet cable, the low cost and easy availability of the cable is a big advantage compared with using analog cable. From temporary installations at concerts to permanent installations in arenas or halls, REAC provides the benefit of light weight, inexpensive and easy to install cable.
Limitless splitting of all input sources:
The RSS Digital Snake systems are designed to provide splits of source audio using standard Ethernet hardware. Using a standard switching hub, you can send source audio to multiple recording consoles, a monitor position, broadcast location and more. No signal degradation will occur from the source’s master output to the recording or any other split output.
Very long distance snake systems can be designed using an S-OPT REAC Optical converter:
The S-OPT is a REAC optical converter that converts RSS Digital Snake System REAC signals to and from optical signals for long distance digital audio transmission. By using the REAC optical converter and optical cables (sold separately), the REAC transmission distance can be extended to a maximum of 2 kilometers (1.2 miles).
40 Channels of Digital Recording:
The SONAR REAC Recording System when used in conjunction with the RSS Digital Snakes provides the most comprehensive live recording, mixing, mastering and delivery product available. Capture up to 40 channels of audio from your Digital Snake/V-Mixing System directly into SONAR all via a simple Cat5e connected to the network port on your PC.
Roland S-4000S-0832 Modular Stage Unit
- Number of Channels: 8 in 32 out
- AD Conversion: Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz Signal Processing: 24 bit
- DA Conversion: Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz Signal Processing: 24 bit
- Frequency Response: -2 dB / +0 dB (@ +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.05 % or less (Pad: On, Input Gain: +4 dBu, 22 to 20000 Hz)
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB
- Cross Talk: -80 dB
- Nominal Input Level: -65 to -10 dBu (PAD: Off) -45 to +10 dBu (PAD: On) (1 dB step, Max. +28 dBu)
- PAD: 20 dB On/Off
- Input Impedance: 20 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu, Max. +22 dBu
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Residual Noise Level (IHF-A, typ.): -90 dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise Level (E.I.N.): -128 dB
- Network Latency: 375 microseconds when using REAC cable only (AD - REAC - DA Latency: about 1.2 ms)
- Connectors: Input: 8 (XLR type, balanced, phantom power, 4 ch input module x 2 ) Output: 32 (XLR type, balanced, 4 ch output module x 8 ) REAC: MAIN, BACKUP (RJ-45 EtherCon type) Remote Connector: 1 (RS-232C, DB-9 type) MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT (5-pin DIN type)
- Indicator: EXT Indicator (External Power Supply Unit) INT Indicator REAC Indicator CTRL Indicator ALARM Indicator MUTE ALL OUTPUTS Indicator
- AC Power Supply: AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- DC Power Supply: +24 V (from optional external power supply unit : S-240P)
- Phantom Power: +48 V / 14 mA (each input on SI-AD4, remote controlled)
- Operation Temperature: 0 to +40 degrees Celsius +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit, * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Size and Weight:
- Width: 482 mm, 19 inches
- Depth: 336 mm, 13-1/4 inches
- Height: 266.4 mm, 10-1/2 inches
- Weight: 17 kg, 37 lbs. 8 oz.